Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Museum Part 2

The first picture is a picture of the damage caused by the flood of the the Iowa River in 2008. The museum was closed until June of 2009 and most of the damage was done by the sewers backing up into the building. They had sandbagged and stopped most of the river from causing the damage.
this is my lovely daughter Mikayla doing her best impression of Baron Von Raschke. I call her the Baroness after this was taken.

Because Frank Gotch was from Iowa and considered one of, if not THE wrestling legend in wrestling crazy Iowa, they devoted an entire wall to his life and career and I am sure there is more they dont have on display but this was pretty impressive.

The have a small ring in the middle of the room and anyone can get in and roll around. My daughters did of course so I had my picture taken with them, I of course couldnt get in through the ropes so I just stood on the apron.






No comments: