Friday, January 28, 2011

Challenger 01/28/1986

Today is the 25th anniversary of the space shuttle Challenger disaster. The Shuttle exploded during its flight and killing all 7 astronauts on board.
A personal note on this day. I was in my first and only year of college at Indiana University at Kokomo and had just got home from my class that day and was sitting at the kitchen table doing homework listening to the radio. I had on WFBQ as usual and listening to some music when on air DJ Jay Baker came said there was an accident during the lift off of the space shuttle in florida and if you could get to a tv everyone needed to tune in and watch. I did of course, but I had missed the accident live but watch endless replays and spent the next several hours watching in sadness as we lost 7 brave human beings doing what they love and wanted to do, travel to the heavens.



That night I along with millions of others watch President Ronald Reagan give one of the greatest, comforting speeches (or thoughts) on this disaster that will be remember for as long as people remember him and this sad day.

No comments: