Friday, April 10, 2009

#1 Song of the Week

I havent posted in a few days but I am back and will have some good stuff (I hope) for you in the next few days.
I was listening to the radio a couple of days ago and heard Bob Seger's "Shakedown" and it reminded me of this fun fact, it was Bob Seger's only #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. Hard to imagine but as far as chart success goes this is his best ever. All of the classic songs that Bob Seger is known for "Mainstreet", "Against the Wind", "Shame on the Moon", "Like A Rock", "Turn the Page" all made the top 40 chart and "Shame on the Moon" was #2 for four weeks in 1982 but none hit that coveted #1 spot. Well in 1987 Bob Seger did a song for the "Beverly Hills Cop 2" soundtrack called "Shakedown" and with that movie being such a huge hit and the soundtrack flying off the shelves it was just a matter of time before he found the #1 spot.

No comments: