Monday, September 29, 2008

Tv Favorites

Well some of my favorite shows have premiered with their new season and so far they are worth the wait. Family Guy however is close to jumping the shark, it needs less Seth McFarland singing and more just plain funny stuff. The new season got off to a rocky start lastnight but by the end it had some laugh out loud jokes and references so I will continue. The Simpsons however may be on its last legs. They have in my own view gone past the much watch stage into "its still on?" area. I hope they can recapture some of the glory they have lost over the last 5 years.
"The Big Bang Theory" on CBS should be up for best comedy at the Emmys next year. It is one of the funniest and smartest shows on tv. It doesnt talk down to you it just assumes you are that smart and get the jokes and references. I love that idea, much like "Fraiser" was for most of its run.
Let me know what you like or dont like in the new tv year.

2 comments:

IUFanChad said...

I saw your post yesterday and did not realize I could post messages.

I always enjoy Kitchen Nightmares, but prefer the BBC version that is more documentary style. The Office hit a homerun. The Sheild (on FX) is the best drama on TV. Better than the Sopranos which I felt got too big for itself (I always thought David Chase loved fucking over viewers). I have not yet seen the Dexter premier, but the 3rd season looks to be good.

Jim Hendrickson said...

I havent watched Dexter either and I loved the first season. I had the entire 2nd season on my dvr and somehow it vanished one day while I was watching something else. So now I have to get the dvds and get caught up to watch season 3. I really like Dexter and the new show I thought was very good was "Pushing Daisies". Give it a try, very good...not laugh out loud funny but funny in its own way.