Monday, February 15, 2010

R.I.P. Doug Feiger, leader of the Knack,

Doug Feiger, leader of the Knack, dies in Woodland Hills - LA Daily News

I wasnt much of a Knack fan but I did love "My Sharona" and so did most of America in 1979. Disco had really sapped the energy out of the mainstream music scene by this time and then came this huge burst of fresh and new rock out of Detroit and set rock back on the forefront of the popular music landscape.
"My Sharona" spent 6 consecutive weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in August and September of 1979, thus making it Billboard's top song of 1979.

1 comment:

Booksteve said...

Wasnt a fan of the Knack.Perhaps strangely as I was at the time only 20,but I always found alot of their music too dirty for my tastes. I did like that incessant beat on MY SHARONA though. R.I.P.