Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New arrival at the Completeist Library





Well I had a productive week of book buying. I bought one off of ebay and another came from Book of the Month Club 2, formerly Zooba and another I found at the Atlanta Earth Festival's book sale.


The Beatles Anthology I purchased off of ebay for 10 plus S/H which wasnt even half of the new price I found everywhere else. Awesome book, weighs 7 lbs and is so full of stuff it will make your head spin.

The George Burns book I purchased for a dollar at the Atlanta New Earth festival and I will be reading it shortly. Looks like a very good follow up to his bestseller Gracie.

Then I got "Rome 1960" from my bookclub for 9.95 as my monthly selection. Read the excerpt in Sports Illustrated and it read wonderful.


A side note about the Atlanta Festival, I passed up a chance to purchase quite a few classic albums from a yard sale..these included "The Red Album" by the Beatles, "Moody Blue" by Elvis, several Three Dog Night disc and many others. I did buy at my daughter's recommendation the soundtrack to "HELP" by the Beatles. She has a shirt like that and wha the heck it is a pure classic LP. Oh and 4 classic KISS albums, oh well, live and learn. I will need the money for living if things keep going the way they are for much longer.

No comments: