Saturday, January 31, 2009

One Hit Wonder

Well there are One Hit Wonders that stick around for years and are fairly popular and well known and remembered in pop culture, but I had never heard this song before and when I heard this song for the first time on the oldies station just 2 months ago I was stunned at how good this song sounded. I did some looking and its not available on cd or digital download.
You can get a 45 of it on Ebay but thats it.
Its called "I've Found Someone of My Own" by a soul group called Free Movement. It hit #5 on Billboard in 1971 and then group had one more top 50 in 1972 but disappeard forever into the mist of chart history. It was covered on the country side by several artist and was a big hit for Cal Smith in 1972, but he soon topped that with the huge hit "Country Bumpkin".

Lets Listen to "I've Somone of My Own" and tell me what you think.


and now lets see Cal Smith and his #1 Country hit from 1972, "Country Bumpkin"


and just because I really like this song, its a one hit wonder of sorts from a well know jazz rock group TOWER OF POWER, "What is Hip?" from 1974.

No comments: