Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wrestlemania Memories




Well we are getting ready for Wrestlemania 25 this coming April 5th in Houston Tx. I will probably be either watching it here at home or at Chad's.
Way back in 1987 I bought tickets to see Wrestlemania III on closed circut ppv at the Indianapolis Convention Center. It was myself, my uncle Phil and our good buddy Kevin. We had a great time booing Hulk Hogan because as usual it was a very pro Hogan crowd. This was in the days before PPV was on every cable system and satellite dishes were still the giant size dishes which I had neither available to me. It was a great crowd to watch on the movie screen and they were as just into it as if they right there in Detroit.


I have posted the program I bought there and a list of the matches. The highlight was of course the Randy Savage/Rick Steamboat match but sadly I had to witness Andred the Giant get pinned by Hulk Hogan. At this time Andre was gravely ill and it took all the strength he had just to move around the ring. He had a huge backbrace to help with the pain but he was a pro and he was there to do the job for Hogan and give the people what they came for, Hogan bodyslamming Andre the Giant.

No comments: