Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kentucky Derby


Well its another Derby day and I am just as excited about this one as anyone in the past. I fell in love with the Derby as a youngster in the early 70s because my grandmother would call every derby day and ask my great grandfather who he would pick. Well because of his bad eyesight my mother would write all the horses names down in large letters for him to see and he would make his pick. I was fascinated by this and the race every year. I remember Secretariat and all the hoopla about how good he was and to this day I dont think there has been a horse that big or that strong. So every year I make a pick and I am 3 for 3 in the last 3 races but of course my pick this year, I Want Revenge, was scratched this morning leaving me to take Dunkirk, the only grey in the race.
Now I have here the stretch runs from all the races from 1968-1986...I dont remember them all and some I vividly recall. Great stuff for horse racing fans.


now here is the same thing for for 1987-2006

No comments: