Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This is why Richard Pryor was a genius

and waaay ahead of his time, socially and in comedy. This is from the short lived "Richard Pryor Show" that aired 4 episodes NBC in the fall of 1977. I dont recall watching it but according to what I found it was up against "Happy Days" and "Laverne and Shirley" on ABC and I was 10 at the time and that was what we watched at my house. That ratings juggernaut on ABC was one of the many reasons it bombed. Here is a good overview of the whole mess from TVParty.com.
I may need some help here but there is so much talent in the following clip, like Marsha Warfield and Tim Reid. I recognize a couple of others that went on to some fame but there names wont come to me.

Here is Richard Pryor at the 40th and first black US President. When I watch this it makes me laugh out loud everytime. His remarks about the NFL are the best and almost psychic.

No comments: