Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Andy Griffith 1926-2012

Today July 3rd we saw the passing of another television and american icon,
                                                           (NY Times Story here)


Its been a rough year as we also lost James Arness, Marshall Matt Dillon and with Mr. Griffith were the backbone of CBS television in the 1960s.

Andy Griffith taught a lot boys about life and how to be a good dad without being mean.  There are life lessons in every episode of the Andy Griffith Show.  He showed how to be a good friend and treat everyone with respect and dignity in everything we do.   He will be missed but thankfully we have decades of his tremendous work to show coming generations.

Of course I LOVE the Andy Griffith Show but I can remember my dad playing the "What it Was, Was Football" for me and that had me hooked on Andy and that led me to watching his show every chance I got.


Then in the mid 80s with cable coming into our home I discovered, thanks to WTBS, the movie "No Time for Sergeants" and I laughed like a nut the whole movie.




All in all Andy Griffith has been a big influence in my life and I knew I could always put in a tape and later DVD of any black and white episode with my friends and we could all enjoy the fun.
I have had the pleasure of introducing my girls to his show and they can almost recite it just as much as I can and that makes me proud as a peacock!

No comments: