Monday, March 16, 2009

Speaking of Hockey


I was looking in my old scrapbooks from when I had season tickets to watch the Indianapolis Ice play in the IHL and found this article from one of the best games in 1994 and I was sitting next to my good buddy Rusty. The Ice played the Milwaukee Admirals on a Wed night so it was a smaller than normal crowd and this was one of the best years they had while I was going to the games. The goalie for Milwaukee was Mark Laforest and the Ice lit him up for 9 goals and after the 8th one he charged Mark Prokopec for some reason proceeded to pummel him and in the process racked up 3 penalties in the last 10 mins of the game. It was a glorious meltdown to watch. Well of course the players all jumped in and our goalie on that night was of all people Andre "Red light" Racicot who was subbing for Christian Soucy who was ill and got sicker when they announced that Jimmy Waite, the former Turner Cup winning goalie for the ICE was returning to the team the next day.

I hope you can see this article, you may have to click on it to see it better. The game also saw winger Jimmy Black get his first hat trick of the season.

No comments: